Okay. This is video number two on my odorox experiment where I did a zip wall and I sectioned off of the thousand square feet of the house because this is a 4,000 square foot house. But this thousand square feet was the worst affected area in house. Right over there is the door to the garage where the fire started and totaled the garage. Okay. So, nothing's been cleaned here's what this is all so dirty. All right. And this is then about 18 hours the machines have been running right behind you there, Adam, if you'll show them. See, I've got, I've got another boss, XL three odorox machine, hydroxyl running here in the structure and in this thousand square feet and it's about 18 hours, not quite 24 yet. And I'm, I'm quite impressed. Now this is a pretty bad odor in here.
I'm like I had staff that couldn't stand to be in this room because the odor was just kind of a pungent odor. And then we've got some issues with some urine on the carpet over here that is, and it's going to be replaced and also got wet because a fireman sprayed in here with water. So the odor is about 50% knocked out not one hundred percent you can still smell it, but it's about half the degree that it was yesterday. So I'm going to run it again, come back tomorrow. So I'll be at hopefully close to a full 48 hours. And I'm going to let you guys know all the results. I'm still testing this out, but again, as you can see, I mean, this is, you know, this is a completely dirty structure. I haven't touched nothing. I mean, all, we, we still got some mine sort of log destroyed contents of him moved out, but past that this is the, the dirty structure and we're testing out to see how well this bad boy, excuse me, this boss XL three, uh, runs or works in here for that odor. so we're going to test that out and I will do another video and I will, get it up there for you guys to see and check back in with you tomorrow. Okay. Thanks for watching.
To Whom It May Concern:
This past holiday season, I experienced significant smoke damage in my home from an electrical malfunction in my oven, which occurred when running the oven cleaning cycle on a timer in the middle of the nightÑit appeared that the thermostat had stopped working, and the oven temperature just kept rising and rising. When the smoke detectors went off, I wakened and opened my bedroom door on the second floor and saw nothing but smoke in the hallwayÑI could not even see downstairs. There were no flames, just heavy smoke.
The smoke had traveled throughout the first and second floor of my home. A strong odor was detected in the air, and it went into all the closets on both floors, affecting most of the clothing in them. I opened the windows in the home to get cross ventilation and waited outside until sufficient smoke at exited so I could go back into my home. At that point, what remained was a foul odor from the smoke, which was from the protein in the oven as well as some of the plastic surrounding the oven.
The next day, when I went to a meeting, several people in the meeting noticed the smoke odor on my clothing and asked if I had been in a fire. This was an uncomfortable situation to say the least, as I was expecting to host family during the holiday season, not to mention the embarrassment experienced in client meetings. Anxious to remedy the odor problem I contacted Odorox Air Technologies (OAT) in Basking Ridge NJ to see if their Odorox equipment might be able to help my situation.
The guys contacted a local Paul Davis restoration firm, who agreed to operate the Odorox hydroxyl generators at my home to assist in the clean up. Felipe Rodriguez ("Phil") from Paul Davis Restoration & Remodeling followed the instructions given to him by Odorox personnel, and in a matter of just a few days successfully removed the smoke odor from my house (most of it had dissipated after just one day). Paul Davis had installed three of the Odorox machines on the two floors as well as a number of fans to move the air through the house.
Besides the obvious benefit of eliminating the smoke smell, I appreciated not having to leave my home during the clean up processÑthat is because the clean-up process does not use any ozone, which would not have been safe to be around..
It also was interesting to note that the local Maryland Paul Davis folks, having not heard of this hydroxyl technology, were very skeptical of its ability to work. When they came and installed the equipment (shipped to them by Emerald), they said that they could come back the next day with their own equipment to take out the smoke that the Odorox equipment didn't do. When they came back the next day, they were truly amazed at how quickly most of the odors had already been removed much faster than through their more traditional methods they became believers literally overnight. And given that this technology did not require that I vacate my home and dry clean my clothing, treat carpet, etc., they were more than impressed.
Unrelated to the smoke damage, Phil found some mold in my basement (it was from a water leak a few months earlier). I had mentioned that the Odorox equipment could kill the mold spores as well. So once the smoke cleanup was done, and following consultation with the Odorox personnel, I moved one of the Odorox units on the job to my basement to deal with the mold. I am pleased to report the mold is gone with the help of the Odorox and additional clean-up from the restoration crew.
As a business owner and building professional who works with commercial and institutional facilities managers facing odor, mold and other indoor air quality issues threatening their companies, I can say with a great deal of confidence that the Odorox hydroxyl technology will eliminate these types of problems faster and with less disruption and at a lower cost than other previously available means. A big thanks to Odorox!
Peter S. Kimmel, AIA, IFMA Fellow
My youngest child has eczema. It had gotten so bad that he would itch himself bloody during the night. During a trip to the Gulf of Mexico he developed a skin staph infection because of the eczema. I brought him to the pediatrician, dermatologist, infectious disease specialist and a chiropractor. We tried acupuncture, numerous steroid creams, acidophilus, fish oil, Mona Vie and he was on an oral antibiotic because his skin was infected. He even asked me to tie his hands to his bed post so he could not scratch at night. I did not do this. I told him if there was a fire in the house he may not be able to get out.
One doctor implied that I was neglecting him because his skin was so awful. I was hurt and frustrated. We had been doctoring for three years! Then, I heard about the Odorox machine. I was willing to try anything! After about six weeks of the Odorox Oasis in my house, his eczema was under control! It has not cleared up completely but we only apply the steroid creams once a week now vs. TWICE DAILY!. We quit the acupuncture, Mona Via and the oral antibiotic! He no longer scratches at night. It has been a miracle for us. And if that is not enough, my older son has asthma. He has quit taking his daily Singulair and very seldom uses his albuterol inhaler. With all the past doctor appointments, prescriptions and my time away from work, the Odorox machine is saving me the money I spent on the machine!!
Odorox hydroxyl technology destroys 99.9% of germs, bacteria, mold, mildew, voc's and viruses in the air and on porous and non-porous surfaces which can cause illness and infections. MDU/RX FDA approved and safe to use in spaces occupied by people, pets, and plants.