It is very scary to think that when you are admitted to the hospital for one medical problem, you could leave with another. Many patients actually become infected with another disease or illness while they are in the hospital for treatment involving antibiotics. Using antibiotics to treat another illness will increase the likelihood that you will acquire an infection, especially one that is caused by Clostridium difficile. This makes hospital workers and doctors very interested in how to kill C. diff in hospitals. OdoroxAir/Pyure has the answer, Hydroxyl Processors/Hydroxyl Generators.
Every person is full of bacteria and while most are harmless, there are some unhealthy bacteria in your body that mostly stay put and don’t cause problems. Your gastrointestinal, or GI, tract is full of bacteria and has between 500 to 1,000 different species. Most of these bacteria are in the colon or large intestine. When located in the right part of your body, these bacteria, such as E. coli, Klebsiella, Enterococcus, and Klebsiella, are harmless but if they get into your bloodstream or tissue they can be very dangerous and make you very sick. They work hard to detox chemicals in your body and protect you against pathogens such as C. diff.
People want to know how to remove C. diff from medical locations because it causes most of the infectious diarrhea in the US. When a person takes antibiotics, some of the good bacteria in the gut is killed, leaving room for bad bacteria such as C. diff to take over.
This is a bacteria that can thrive where there isn’t any oxygen. It has a lifecycle similar to Clostridia, which causes gas gangrene, tetanus, and botulism, where it is actively dividing and then transforms into spores. The spores are inert and don’t cause disease but are incredibly difficult to kill, no matter how much you wonder how to eradicate C.Diff bacteria in nursing homes . People who have C. difficile shed the spores into their feces where they can spread to others, utensils, and even food and are swallowed by another person. In the GI tract, these spores come to life and are generally stopped by good bacteria. However, if a person has been on antibiotics, then the C. diff may be able to grow and multiply.
Generally, people who are in medical facilities for long periods of time are at the highest risk of getting C. diff, especially if they have been treated with antibiotics. Patients above 65, ones who have serious illnesses, and those who have been on antibiotics for a long time are at the highest risk.
Watery diarrhea three times a day with cramping, nausea, and fever are all signs that you need medical care. A doctor can diagnose this medical problem by the odor of the diarrhea and with fecal testing. Treatment and Recovery from C. Diff Stopping the antibiotic can help the person heal from C. diff and another one will need to be used in its place. In extreme cases, patients may need surgery.
Most patients will improve in under two weeks with proper treatment, but around one-fifth of all patients relapse. Spores that are left in the body can resume creating toxins. Relapse is also partly due to the fact that there is more antibiotic-resistant C. diff than ever before.
It’s important to prevent C. diff from spreading. Diagnosing it quickly and correctly and using the right precautions for care will help to stop its spread. Patients should be placed in a private room with a private bathroom and medical personnel need proper training on how to prevent the spread of C. diff. Because C. diff is so dangerous, it is important to work hard to remove C.Diff in health care facilities. The spores are resistant to alcohol and as more people treat the problem with antibiotics, it is becoming resistant to them as well. Using an Odorox/Pyure Hydroxyl Generator air machine is a great treatment option as it will kill, remove, and eliminate any spores in the air or on surfaces. This will help to stop the spread of C. diff and can easily prevent more people from becoming sick with this infection.
To whom it may concern,
We had received a number of complaints from tenants throughout our sixteen stmy building regarding the smell that was coming from the trash chute. While searching for a solution to our problem with the garbage smell, we came across the Boss Hydroxyl Generator and installed it in the trash room of our building.
Since then, our trash room has been almost completely odorless. The machine was installed several months ago and since its installation we have had no fmther complaints about the smell. We have also noticed a reduction in complaints about pests like mice, who are typically drawn to smells. The Boss Hydroxyl Generator works wonderfully and we are very happy with our choice.
Ari Ellis President
David Ellis Realty
David Ellis Real Estate, L.P.
31 Union Square West New York, N.Y. 10003
Voice (212) 243-0880 Fax (212) 243-2980
To Whom It May Concern:
This past holiday season, I experienced significant smoke damage in my home from an electrical malfunction in my oven, which occurred when running the oven cleaning cycle on a timer in the middle of the night?it appeared that the thermostat had stopped working, and the oven temperature just kept rising and rising. When the smoke detectors went off, I wakened and opened my bedroom door on the second floor and saw nothing but smoke in the hallway?I could not even see downstairs. There were no flames, just heavy smoke.
The smoke had traveled throughout the first and second floor of my home. A strong odor was detected in the air, and it went into all the closets on both floors, affecting most of the clothing in them. I opened the windows in the home to get cross ventilation and waited outside until sufficient smoke at exited so I could go back into my home. At that point, what remained was a foul odor from the smoke, which was from the protein in the oven as well as some of the plastic surrounding the oven.
The next day, when I went to a meeting, several people in the meeting noticed the smoke odor on my clothing and asked if I had been in a fire. This was an uncomfortable situation to say the least, as I was expecting to host family during the holiday season, not to mention the embarrassment experienced in client meetings. Anxious to remedy the odor problem I contacted Odorox Air Technologies (OAT) in Basking Ridge NJ to see if their Odorox equipment might be able to help my situation.
The guys contacted a local Paul Davis restoration firm, who agreed to operate the Odorox hydroxyl generators at my home to assist in the clean up. Felipe Rodriguez ("Phil") from Paul Davis Restoration & Remodeling followed the instructions given to him by Odorox personnel, and in a matter of just a few days successfully removed the smoke odor from my house (most of it had dissipated after just one day). Paul Davis had installed three of the Odorox machines on the two floors as well as a number of fans to move the air through the house.
Besides the obvious benefit of eliminating the smoke smell, I appreciated not having to leave my home during the clean up process?that is because the clean-up process does not use any ozone, which would not have been safe to be around..
It also was interesting to note that the local Maryland Paul Davis folks, having not heard of this hydroxyl technology, were very skeptical of its ability to work. When they came and installed the equipment (shipped to them by Emerald), they said that they could come back the next day with their own equipment to take out the smoke that the Odorox equipment didn't do. When they came back the next day, they were truly amazed at how quickly most of the odors had already been removed much faster than through their more traditional methods they became believers literally overnight. And given that this technology did not require that I vacate my home and dry clean my clothing, treat carpet, etc., they were more than impressed.
Unrelated to the smoke damage, Phil found some mold in my basement (it was from a water leak a few months earlier). I had mentioned that the Odorox equipment could kill the mold spores as well. So once the smoke cleanup was done, and following consultation with the Odorox personnel, I moved one of the Odorox units on the job to my basement to deal with the mold. I am pleased to report the mold is gone with the help of the Odorox and additional clean-up from the restoration crew.
As a business owner and building professional who works with commercial and institutional facilities managers facing odor, mold and other indoor air quality issues threatening their companies, I can say with a great deal of confidence that the Odorox hydroxyl technology will eliminate these types of problems faster and with less disruption and at a lower cost than other previously available means. A big thanks to Odorox!
Peter S. Kimmel, AIA, IFMA Fellow
Odorox hydroxyl technology destroys 99.9% of germs, bacteria, mold, mildew, voc's and viruses in the air and on porous and non-porous surfaces which can cause illness and infections. MDU/RX FDA approved and safe to use in spaces occupied by people, pets, and plants.