How is the Odorox® technology different than other systems on the market?
• Odorox® eliminates odors not only in the air, but more importantly, the odors that have been absorbed deep inside the contents and structures. As a gas, hydroxyls will follow the same paths that the odors did and reach all hidden and hard to reach areas.
• The oxidants produced are not damaging to anything so you can easily treat sensitive materials like leather, rubber, electronics, plastic, artwork, wet items, etc.
• It's simple to use. Just plug in the machine and turn it on. That's it. No chemicals, no filters, no oils, no masking agents, no fogging, no spraying, etc. No additional humidification required. Yes, it's really that simple.
• Odorox® equipment produces hydroxyls, which is what the earth uses to naturally clean its atmosphere by neutralizing odors, bacteria, disease, etc. Ozone generators, ionizers, chemicals and other devices all create complicated and dangerous side effects to your health and only mask problems, not eliminate them.
• Hydroxyls are extremely reactive and are the second strongest oxidant in the world behind atomic fluorine – far more effective than any other odor solution on the market. This means they will eliminate more odors and VOCs than ozone, chlorine dioxide, foggers, masking agents, oils, and all other chemicals.
• There are no residual odors left behind and odors will never “come back”. Once they are eliminated, it is permanent.
What is a hydroxyl?
Hydroxyls (OH) are molecules consisting of one oxygen atom and one hydrogen atom. They are safe, naturally occurring molecules that are created in our atmosphere when the sun’s ultraviolet rays react with water vapor. They play a critical role in cleaning the earth’s atmosphere and are often referred to as the "detergent" of the atmosphere. They can be used to kill bacteria, viruses, and mold, and to break down volatile organic compounds (VOCs), chemical fumes, gasses, vapors, and unpleasant odors. They are more effective than ozone, chemicals, ionizers, fog gers, filters, masking agents, and oils. When used as instructed, they do not harm people, pets, plants, or sensitive materials like rubber, plastic, leather, electronics, wet items, or artwork.
How does the Odorox® equipment produce hydroxyls?
Through the use of patented ultraviolet (UV) technology, Odorox® replicates the natural production of hydroxyls to completely eliminate biological and chemical contaminants. Ambient air is drawn through the irradiation chamber of the machine where finely tuned UV optics break apart humidity (H2O) to form hydroxyls. Nothing additional is needed for the technology to operate - no chemicals, no filters, no supplemental humidifiers, etc.
How long does it take to eradicate most odors?
In most cases, there will be a significant improvement in several hours and certainly after only 24 hours. Difficult fire and smoke or odor jobs, however, should take three to four days to complete.
What is the coverage area for these units?
The coverage area will vary by unit and application. This will depend upon the strength and type of odor, room layout, and number of floors. Please refer to the following general guidelines in our full line brochure. Use this link www.odoroxair.com
Is Odorox® UV equipment easy to use?
Yes! Simply plug it in to a standard 120 volt power supply, turn it on and let it run. They run on less than 2 amps of power and cost less than .50 cents per day for power. The machines are tough, portable and light weight.
Is Odorox® UV equipment safe to use?
Adapted from the medical field, Odorox® equipment is certified as completely safe. It is UL certified. People, pets, plants, food and electronic devices can remain in the area during operation. It leaves nothing behind but fresh air.
Does the Odorox® UV equipment produce Ozone?
First and most importantly, the success of the Odorox® technology comes from the formation of Odorox® hydroxyl molecules, not ozone.
The characteristics and functionality of hydroxyls are in fact substantially different than ozone evidenced by:
• The ability to deodorize while you dry with no bleaching or (hydrogen) peroxide effect.
• The ability to treat leathers, rubbers, elastics, documents, and fine art which cannot be treated with ozone.
• Hydroxyls are lighter than air, Ozone is heavier than air.
• Hydroxyls are non-corrosive, Ozone causes corrosion
Can we get rent Odorox Machines?
Yes if you are located near one of our authorized distributers.
Do the Odorox machines have white paper data to back up their efficacy claims?
Yes if you go to www.OdoroxAir.com you can download the white paper data from our site.
We have conducted a number of internal and independent “real world” tests for “possible” ozone emissions. In the most recent independent testing each of our machines were tested for ozone emissions in a room of approximately 410 sq ft (3,690 cu ft) and another of 682 sq ft. (9,548 cu ft). The measurements were taken with a Draeger CMS direct-reading instrument and appropriate detector chip. The minimum detection limit using this technology is 25 parts per billion. The Slim line, Oasis, MDU, Boss, and Boss XL3 were all tested. The tests were conducted over 2 hour periods. Only the Boss unit registered detectable ozone emissions. The measured amount of ozone for the Boss unit was 40 to 45 parts per billion, less than ½ of the OSHA allowable limit. The measured amounts of ozone for the Boss were approximately the same in both the smaller and larger space. From this study an inference was also made that levels remain static and do not accumulate over time (non-accumulative).
It should be noted that it is not yet possible to accurately measure ozone emissions from our machines, because current measuring devices cannot distinguish between ozone and our more effective hydroxyl molecule. At least some, if not a large portion, of the measured value for ozone concentrations is actually “a false positive” from hydroxyls. The manufacturers of these measuring devices have confirmed the inability to accurately distinguish these molecules.
HGI continues to investigate new technologies to accurately distinguish between ozone and hydroxyls. Until such time as more accurate measurement instruments are available it is our recommendation that the Odorox® hydroxyl generators are deployed in “occupied spaces” per our application guidelines. The XL3 and Boss are heavy duty odor eradication machines intended for restoration applications and are to be used along with supplemental air movement and exchange. Current application guidelines provide that these instruments should be used in “occupied” areas greater than 500 sq ft. A full line of Odorox® models are available for home and business use.
OdoroxAir Service Area
Looking for odor/bacteria specialists near you? We provide commercial and residential odor and bacteria treatment, mold and fire cleanup and restoration services. We serve New Jersey and NYC Metro. Our main office is located in Spotswood, Middlesex County, with teams spread throughout Northern and Central NJ as well as NYC Metro area.
Benefits of Odorox Technology, Testimonials from our Customers
Dear Mr. Swon,
My name is Jim Palmieri and I am the General Manager of Allpro Restoration Services in Glens Falls, NY. We are a local company that has been caring for and servicing water, smoke and fire damage customers in Upstate NY for close to 30 years now.
I recently was called by a real estate agent asking me if we had anything that would eliminate pet odors from a house they were trying to sell. They had two prospective buyer back out on this particular house due to the strong pet odors in it. Apparently the previous owners of the house raised Golden Retrievers inside the house complete with indoor kennel and doggie day care business. After the house was completely emptied and professionally cleaned, the odor of dogs was still prominently present.
The real estate company had another company come in the house and install ozone for three days. The odors were diminished but not enough to sell. I told them about the Hydroxyl system and what it can do. The agent agreed to let me install the hydroxyl system. After 24 hours we inspected the home and found no evidence of odor or that a single dog even lived there let alone an entire kennel. The agent was so impressed he asked Allpro to meet with the other agents in his office to explain the system and how it can help real estate agents sell homes quicker. They are now the third real estate company that calls us on a regular basis to deodorize properties before open houses and showings.
We also used the hydroxyl system on a house where an elderly man had lived alone for many years before he died. This gentleman repaired engines in his living room which as you could imagine left a large amount of grease and oil stains on his flooring as well as oil and gas odors throughout his home. After we professionally cleaned his home the only way we could eliminate the gas smell that permeated into the wall cavities was with the Hydroxyl system.
Thanks to Odorox and the Hydroxyl system. We continued to be amazed at it's capabilities and effectiveness.
James Palmieri Ð General Manager
Allpro Cleaning & Restoration Services
Allpro Cleaning & Restoration
The following were observations regarding The Boss Generator;
1. We received the equipment on October 6 and provided you with a smoking room to remediate.
2. The processor (the MDU Unit) was left operational over night subsequent to cigarette smoke being added to the environment.
3. The following morning the room had been remediated providing it with a fresher smell.
4. Subsequently our cleaning staff provided you with an additional room on our smoking level that had been rented the prior evening. The room had been cleaned but it still had a residual smell of cigarette smoke. Our staff placed a unit (The Boss) in the space then providing the room with a fresher smell.
5. The equipment was returned on October 14th.
Thank you again for the opportunity to test your product on our smoking level.
Michael Regan General Manager
QEW & Centennial Pkwy
51Keefer Court Hamilton, ON
L8E 4V4 950-578-1212
Send us a message
Odorox hydroxyl technology destroys 99.9% of germs, bacteria, mold, mildew, voc's and viruses in the air and on porous and non-porous surfaces which can cause illness and infections. MDU/RX FDA approved and safe to use in spaces occupied by people, pets, and plants.