(732) 251-9506 Ext.211
Navigation
Kill Mold and Mildew Spores
Kill Black Mold Spores
Remove Musty Smell


How to Remove the Odors Caused by Mold and Mildew

Eliminate that "stale and musty" smell from bathrooms and old houses using Odorox/Pyure Hydroxyl Processors

The first time that you notice that you have a mildew or mold smell in your home you need to make sure that you know how to eliminate mold, stale smell, mildew odors, musty odors so that you can make sure that your home is safe. Many homeowners automatically start to fear the dangers of black mold/Stachybotrys chartarum in their home and all of the medical problems that this can cause when it is not addressed right away and taken care of by an expert. While it may be difficult, it’s important to remain calm when you notice these smells in your home. Just because there is a musty odor doesn’t automatically mean that your home is contaminated and dangerous to live in. Even if you do have dangerous mold, you can easily get rid of it by getting professional help or following the guidelines set out by the CDC.

Any mildew smell needs to be investigated so that you can make sure that you don’t have other mold symptoms. Look for the following symptoms of “sick house” syndrome, which will necessitate an immediate response and care to take care of the problem: clearly visible mold growth that is on the ceilings, walls, water filters, or other materials, cracking or peeling paint that is located around window encasements or doors, inhabitants who are dealing with medical problems. Some symptoms that you will need to be aware of include joint pain, sneezing, itchy or watering eyes, sexual dysfunction, and even nausea. Most odors in your home are caused by the presence of VOC’s (volatile organic compounds). Mold is a very common source for these compounds, but they are not only produced by mold. Check the basement for water – if there isn’t any then you probably have another source of the musty odors in your home. Even if there is water, you may have some mold, but it may not be the main problem.

The Source of Mold & Mildew Odors

Understanding the source will help you to understand how to get rid of mold, stale smell, mildew odors, musty odors. Mold that is actively growing will produce volatile compounds, and some of these can cause your home to smell musty. Because people can detect many of these volatile compounds at low concentrations, the mold doesn’t have to be sporulating to be noticed by people. It is possible that mold in your home is nearly invisible. Even carpet that looks clean and new can be the cause for musty odors if it is located in the basement, and removing it can greatly improve the odors in the home. When you are wondering how to get rid of musty odor old home, you also need to consider whether the wall behind your paneling may be damp, as this can allow mold to grow and flourish, as well.Drying the wall will take care of this problem, if it is the cause. You may have to remove the paneling for the best result. In the carpet and behind the wall, you may notice that there are few spores, which can be caused when the mold isn’t sporulating or the produced spores are trapped and have been unable to reach the air, which is a good thing.

What Mold & Mildew Smell Like

Many people mistake the smell of wet concrete for a musty or moldy smell. Mold can grow on damp concrete, but generally the smell is just the water trapped in the concrete producing the odor that you smell. While standing water doesn’t normally result in mold growing, it can allow bacteria to thrive, and this can create volatiles that may smell musty, making homeowners believe that they have a mold problem.

If you want to know how to eliminate mildew smell in basement, then you need to consider dehumidification. This will remove damp odors and mold. Using an Odorox/Pyure hydroxyl processor at the same time will ensure that you can kill mold spores and even deodorize the space to prevent further odors. Even if your home is completely dry, you may have some musty smells. These can be caused by old polishes and waxes or wood and paper breaking down. In these cases, you don’t need to use a dehumidifier, but you do need to consider how to deodorize your space.

Benefits of Odorox/Pyure! Client Testimonials, Removes Odors, Kills Germs, Kills Covid-19

®
Hilton
Parsippany


Dear Odorox Air Technologies,

I would like to thank you for introducing our hotel to your green technology for odor elimination. Traditionally I am very skeptical and not impressed easily when it comes to new technologies that claim to do so many wonderful things. Well, I can tell you that the job your Odorox machines have done removing odor on our smoking floor/hallways, guest rooms, ballrooms, and common areas has made me one of your strongest supporters. We set your machines up in a desired area and go about the rest of our daily duties. When we return a short time later the space smells fresh and revitalized and your Odorox machine is ready for its next challenge.

As the Director of Housekeeping at a very busy Hilton in Parsippany New Jersey I am regularly confronted with various odor challenges. Just recently we started refinishing our bathtubs in all of our guest rooms. We know from past experience that this process can create a strong chemical small that can make our guests and staff uncomfortable. Equipped with your machine I am happy to report these nuisance odors are things of the past.

Keeping our property smelling great is a key component to keeping our customers satisfied with the Hilton experience. I would like to thank Odorox for making my job just a little bit easier.

Thanks,

Lilly Sirkin
Head of Housekeeping Services
Parsippany Hilton
Parsippany, NJ
One Hilton Court, Parsippany, NJ 07054 Direct Line: 973 267 7373
Fax: 973 984 2896
www.parsippany.hilton.com
Reservations: www.hilton.com or 1-800-HILTONS

Hilton Parsippany

Dear Jeff,

My husband and I recently purchased a condominium apartment which has a few severe issues. Firstly, it had yellow nicotine covered ceiling, walls and air vents. Secondly, there was extensive soiled broadloom throughout. The odor in the dwelling was a sickly combination of nicotine, animal waste, and extreme mustiness due to the animal refuse/waste.

The previous owner was a chain smoker. She resided in this 2,400 square foot, three level condominium for just over 13 years. The areas most affected by the nicotine were the kitchen, dining room and the family room. Further, the dwelling was vacant for over one year. This resulted in the nicotine, animal excrement and dirt compounding over time and spider webs and a thick layer of dust had visibly accumulated on the ceilings and walls.

We started by scrubbing every surface. The ceilings once cleaned were still yellow and the nicotine odor was still very strong. One could not spend much time there without one's eyes starting to burn and itch. We then spray painted all the ceilings with an oil based paint and subsequently painted every surface of the dwelling. Unfortunately, the nicotine odor was still quite heavy. We then removed the entire broadloom and under pad. We cleaned the cement floor with a special cement-cleaning product before installation of the new under pad and broadloom. Unfortunately, even after we completed all this, the odor was still there. Cleaning, painting and installing new broadloom throughout had still not solved the air quality issues we were facing.

The furnace and ventilation systems were a major concern. How could we clean and solve the areas we could not physically access? Along came The Boss. I had heard about the hydroxyl technology from a friend. Clearly, no matter how much we cleaned, scrubbed, painted or replaced, there was no way that anyone could reside here unless all the odor and bacteria were totally removed.

The Boss, a non-contained Hydroxyl Generator is easy to use and quiet. We ran the unit with and without the air conditioner on as we wanted the air going through the vents to eliminate the odor and bacteria there as well. We ran The Boss for a period of two to three days on each level of the three level condominium apartment. The Boss was miraculously successful in solving our air quality problem. The condominium apartment not only looked clean but also felt and smelled clean.

It was evident that even though we scrubbed, painted and replaced all the old flooring, without the help of The Boss, we would have never been able to achieve the level of clean air quality we required. The odor and bacteria were all eliminated. I can only imagine the multitude of applications this product could be used for. It is light, easy to move and is quiet to operate. Thanks to The Boss, we were able to complete our restoration.

Thanks for bringing such a great product to market!

Yours Truly,

Mary Freedman

Mary Freedman

Send us a message

our address190 Summerhill Road
Spotswood NJ 08884
call us (732) 251-9506 Ext.211
email us [email protected]