The main problem is when surfaces in these areas are not cleaned thoroughly or regularly, which allows germs and bacteria not only to survive but also to thrive. High humidity and warmer temperatures can allow bacteria to survive for even longer as bacterial growth is prime in warm and humid environments. It’s not unheard of for viruses, bacteria, and other pathogens to survive on surfaces for weeks and months if they are not cleaned and disinfected properly. While this is a problem in any gym or locker room, it is especially troubling in a school. This is why people need to know how to kill Methicillin Resistant Staph. Aureus (MRSA) in school gyms how to create safe environments for the children.
How Clean Are the Locker Rooms at Your Child’s School?Most children are in gym class an hour each day, which means that gyms and locker rooms have a lot of children passing through them on a regular basis.
Larger schools can have thousands of children coming through, leaving thousands of sets of clothing on the floor and doors being touched by thousands of sweaty hands. Just as in the cafeteria, there is a lot of traffic in a school gym and this makes it ideal for pathogens to grow here.
Additionally, any student athletes at a school will also use a locker room. This room will become the perfect location for germs and bacteria to incubate as it is warm and wet. Since janitors don’t clean in these locker rooms because they can’t bother the students’ items or gear, pathogens are allowed to grow unchecked, which is very dangerous. Many students don’t realize how dirty and unsanitary their clothing is.All facilities need to take steps to reduce bacteria and germs in locker rooms and gyms. People want to know how to eliminate bacteria and viruses
in schools and while a full elimination is impossible, there are ways to control the problem.High-touch areas such as restroom doors, textbooks, locker handles, and desks all need to be cleaned regularly, especially if a school wants to eliminate MRSA in school locker rooms. Kids between the ages of 5 and 17 are very likely to miss school because of being sick.
40% of these kids will miss at least three days of school every year, which is why prevention is so important.Best Cleaning Practices
While cleaning with friction, detergent, and a cloth or mop is a great way to remove organic matter, this does not thoroughly clean the entire environment. Bacteria and other germs that are on hard surfaces can easily be cleaned this way but it’s not easy to clean soft surfaces or the air in this matter. Frequent cleaning of high-touch items is how to stop cross contamination in school nurses’ office and will prevent children from sharing their germs. A cloth and detergent can remove 99.9% of all microbes on the surface.Best Disinfection Practices
Some surfaces will still need disinfectants but their use is not appropriate in all situations. A combination disinfectant and cleaner is not nearly as effective as using two different products when you want to kill MRSA in school gyms and classrooms. It’s best to clean a surface and then allow the disinfectant to sit for up to 10 minutes before removing it. This is the best way to really disinfect the surface and not accidentally create microbial resistance.
Even if you clean and disinfect the way that you are supposed to, you need to run Odorox/Pyure hydroxyl processor at all times to remove viruses and bacteria from surfaces and the air. They don’t need chemicals but instead rely on oxidation to kill bacteria and viruses, preventing them from becoming resistant. Additionally, the entire room will be clean, not just the areas that were surface cleaned.
Email Odorox Air/Pyure anytime, or a call 888-246-7446 x 211 for a knowledgable representative who can provide answers to your questions or concerns about Hydroxyl Processors. We help you to understand how to achieve the cleanest air for business, home, office or any space. Using OdoroxAir/Pyure Hydroxyl Processors is the absolute best way to eliminate MRSA Bacteria School K-12, Schools Kindergarten through 12th Grade. The importance of MRSA Eradication from Common Areas, Locker Rooms, Lunchrooms, Classrooms with OdoroxAir/Pyure Hydroxyl Processors should not be overlooked!
This past holiday season, I experienced significant smoke damage in my home from an electrical malfunction in my oven, which occurred when running the oven cleaning cycle on a timer in the middle of the nightÑit appeared that the thermostat had stopped working, and the oven temperature just kept rising and rising. When the smoke detectors went off, I wakened and opened my bedroom door on the second floor and saw nothing but smoke in the hallwayÑI could not even see downstairs. There were no flames, just heavy smoke.
The smoke had traveled throughout the first and second floor of my home. A strong odor was detected in the air, and it went into all the closets on both floors, affecting most of the clothing in them. I opened the windows in the home to get cross ventilation and waited outside until sufficient smoke at exited so I could go back into my home. At that point, what remained was a foul odor from the smoke, which was from the protein in the oven as well as some of the plastic surrounding the oven.
The next day, when I went to a meeting, several people in the meeting noticed the smoke odor on my clothing and asked if I had been in a fire. This was an uncomfortable situation to say the least, as I was expecting to host family during the holiday season, not to mention the embarrassment experienced in client meetings. Anxious to remedy the odor problem I contacted Odorox Air Technologies (OAT) in Basking Ridge NJ to see if their Odorox equipment might be able to help my situation.
The guys contacted a local Paul Davis restoration firm, who agreed to operate the Odorox hydroxyl generators at my home to assist in the clean up. Felipe Rodriguez ("Phil") from Paul Davis Restoration & Remodeling followed the instructions given to him by Odorox personnel, and in a matter of just a few days successfully removed the smoke odor from my house (most of it had dissipated after just one day). Paul Davis had installed three of the Odorox machines on the two floors as well as a number of fans to move the air through the house.
Besides the obvious benefit of eliminating the smoke smell, I appreciated not having to leave my home during the clean up processÑthat is because the clean-up process does not use any ozone, which would not have been safe to be around..
It also was interesting to note that the local Maryland Paul Davis folks, having not heard of this hydroxyl technology, were very skeptical of its ability to work. When they came and installed the equipment (shipped to them by Emerald), they said that they could come back the next day with their own equipment to take out the smoke that the Odorox equipment didn't do. When they came back the next day, they were truly amazed at how quickly most of the odors had already been removed much faster than through their more traditional methods they became believers literally overnight. And given that this technology did not require that I vacate my home and dry clean my clothing, treat carpet, etc., they were more than impressed.
Unrelated to the smoke damage, Phil found some mold in my basement (it was from a water leak a few months earlier). I had mentioned that the Odorox equipment could kill the mold spores as well. So once the smoke cleanup was done, and following consultation with the Odorox personnel, I moved one of the Odorox units on the job to my basement to deal with the mold. I am pleased to report the mold is gone with the help of the Odorox and additional clean-up from the restoration crew.
As a business owner and building professional who works with commercial and institutional facilities managers facing odor, mold and other indoor air quality issues threatening their companies, I can say with a great deal of confidence that the Odorox hydroxyl technology will eliminate these types of problems faster and with less disruption and at a lower cost than other previously available means. A big thanks to Odorox!
Peter S. Kimmel, AIA, IFMA Fellow
To whom it may concern,
I have to let you know how happy we are with the results we achieved with the use of ODOROX HYDROXYL.
Being in the fire restoration business, we come across many unusual odors. In the past, we have relied a great deal on Ozone Technology to deal with these problems. One particular odor we have come across a number of times throughout the years is home heating oil. It is one of the most difficult odors to remove.
After purchasing the ODOROX equipment, we set it up in a residential basement. After two days, there was a noticeable reduction in odor and after five days, the odor was completely gone. This impressed not only myself, but the homeowner, oil company, and the environmental engineer sent to monitor the air quality.
The equipment seemed expensive after being purchased, however the results were great. I definitely recommend the use of ODOROX HYDROXYL Technology.
EMS Restoration Corp
EMS Restoration Corp
Send us a message
Odorox hydroxyl technology destroys 99.9% of germs, bacteria, mold, mildew, voc's and viruses in the air and on porous and non-porous surfaces which can cause illness and infections. MDU/RX FDA approved and safe to use in spaces occupied by people, pets, and plants.